To maximise funds for The Butterfly Hospice by promoting and selling the Butterfly Hospice Lottery at local hospice events, fetes, fun days etc. (Must be aged 18 and over).
What will I be doing?
- Talking to the public about the lottery in general and encouraging people to sign up via direct debit.
- Supervising the stall in the shops and at marketing events such as village fairs and fetes, large town events, coffee mornings etc.
- To attend annual mandatory training and occasional team meetings and volunteer support meetings
- To uphold the principles, policies and values of The Butterfly Hospice Trust
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
What skills will I need?
- A friendly, outgoing and confident personality
- Good verbal communication skills
- Team worker
- Volunteering requires a commitment both in time and in motivation. It will be essential that you are consistent, trustworthy and reliable.
Outline of working conditions
- Contact with the general public, occasional contact with distressed patients and carers, occasional exposure to negative attitudes towards gambling
- A combination of outdoor and indoor working
- A small amount of manual handling in order to transport, carry and erect the portable lottery booth, but this is not compulsory to the role.
What support will I be given?
You will be given ongoing support by the Lottery Coordinator and other members of the Fundraising Team
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and use existing skills
- The chance to be at the heart of your local community, meet new people and be part of an enthusiastic team
How do I apply?
Contact the Volunteer Bureau on 01205 311222. You will be asked to complete a registration form, provide two references and to attend an informal interview. If appropriate, you will be asked to complete a Disclosure & Barring Check (D.B.S.).
Lottery Promotion Volunteer Job Description (PDF Download – 81kb)
Volunteer Application Form (PDF Download – 724kb)