31st January 2018
We are looking to recruit a Volunteer Co-Ordinator to complement our Senior Leadership Team. They will be based at our Charity Offices in Boston. This role involves the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers.
The geographical remit of the Volunteer Co-Ordinator covers South East Lincolnshire (predominantly Boston, Spalding and Skegness). Promotion of volunteering will be taken through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns.
As a representative of the management team, s/he is responsible for monitoring and evaluating volunteer activities and will submit progress reports to the Trust Board.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- Experience of managing or coordinating projects and volunteers
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports
- Experience of working across different sectors and developing links with other agencies
- A full, clean driving licence is essential
- A DBS check is required for Safer Recruitment purposes
£18,180 pro rata (equates to £12,120 per year)
Hours of Work
25 hours per week
Flexibility and adaptability in working hours needed as occasional evening and weekend work will be required. (Time off in lieu will be given)
The Butterfly Hospice Trust, Charity Offices, Rowan Way, Boston PE21 9DH
The Butterfly Hospice is dedicated to improving the quality of life for patients facing a life limiting illness by providing choice, care and support in a Hospice setting in the South of Lincolnshire.
The Butterfly Hospice Trust strives to provide a supportive working environment for all staff and volunteers in order that they can develop personally and professionally.
Closing Date for Applications: Noon Friday 23rd February 2018
Interviews to commence the week beginning: Monday 26th February 2018
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Bridget MacPherson, Administration Manager for a job description and application form (we are unable to accept CV’s)
Email: email@example.com – Telephone: 01205 311222
We welcome prospective applicants to visit the Charity Offices by appointment for an informal chat and tour of the hospice.
Butterfly Hospice Application Form