We are looking to recruit an Events Co-Ordinator to join our Charity Team. S/he will engage, inspire and motivate existing supporters, volunteers and staff to ensure the maximum amount of income is generated from diverse range of events. Our events portfolio includes both large scale annual events and smaller one-off events. The successful applicant will:
- Produce event plans and monitor the development of each event ensuring that income and other objectives are achieved
- Assess potential target audiences for event marketing, develop range of promotional materials and designs for approval, and co-ordinate dispatch of literature.
- Project manage for all events
- Experience of successfully organising a wide variety of fundraising and profile raising events
- Manages own workload effectively and planning and organising work to meet deadlines
- Experience of drawing up budgets and managing income/expenditure
- Able to communicate clearly with people at all levels
- Venue sourcing, liaising with sponsors, the general public and volunteers and maintaining good relationships with them
- Public Speaking and presentations
£18,180 pro rata (equates to £7,272.00 per year)
Hours of Work
15 hours per week
Flexibility and adaptability in working hours needed as occasional evening and weekend work will be required. (Time off in lieu will be given)
The Butterfly Hospice Trust, Charity Offices, Rowan Way, Boston PE21 9DH
The Butterfly Hospice Trust is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people in our care. An enhanced DBS is essential for this position.
The Butterfly Hospice is dedicated to improving the quality of life for patients facing a life limiting illness by providing choice, care and support in a Hospice setting in the South of Lincolnshire.
The Butterfly Hospice Trust strives to provide a supportive working environment for all staff and volunteers in order that they can develop personally and professionally.
Closing Date for Applications: Noon Friday 2nd March 2018
Interviews to commence the week beginning: Monday 5th March 2018
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact Bridget MacPherson, Administration Manager for a job description and application form (we are unable to accept CV’s)
Email: email@example.com – Telephone: 01205 311222
We welcome prospective applicants to visit the Charity Offices by appointment for an informal chat and tour of the hospice.
Event Co-Ordinator Advert February 2018 (PDF Download – 84kb)
Event Co-Ordinator Job Description February 2018 (PDF Download – 96kb)
Butterfly Hospice Application Form (Word Document Download – 279kb)